Spring 2016 Grantees
- Casa 0101-Theatre Arts Training Incubator: Strengthen pathways to the arts and entertainment industries for participants.
- Chicano International Film Festival: Three-day festival, comprised of 27 films in nine categories including youth film and music video promoting Chicano culture.
- Confessions of a Radical Chicano Doo Wop Singer Production: Live, multi-media theatrical performance, about Ruben Guevara’s twisted journey into the music industry – on the verge of homelessness and ultimate success.
- Floricanto Dance Theatre-Immigrant Stories from East Los through Dance: Examines and shares the multiple reasons why people leave their homeland; the roads taken to new homelands; and the impact migration has on subsequent generations and adopted communities.
- Latino Theatre Co-Play at Work Conservatory: After-school jobs training program designed to provide low-income students with a college preparatory arts education experience.
- Mujeres de Mais-20 Years of ARTivism & Herstory en L.A., Exhibit: 20-year retrospective presenting intersectional, intergenerational and intercultural history, aesthetic and philosophy of dynamic women of color collective known for its art and activism.
- Self Help Graphics-Inaugural Chicano/Latino Printmakers Summit: Bringing together master printers, printmakers, and artists from across the country to explore and create new works inspired by collective knowledge; and create a pipeline of artists and printmakers that can grow into Master Printers.
- The East LA Society of Film & Arts (TELASOFA)-Sparking Minds-Creating Change Through Film & Video: After-school program providing at-risk teens and young adults professional training in video and filmmaking, while creating a community-based and professional pipeline for youth and young adults in writing, production and filmmaking.
- Diane Rodriguez Production of her play, The Sweetheart Deal: Engages audiences through a production about a tumultuous time during the 1970 United Farmworker’s strike and national boycott.
Fall 2016 Grantees Fall 2015 Grantees