Grant Guidelines & Grant Applications
Grant Application Deadline Closed. Visit us in 2022.
The new LA Plaza-EAI Grant Program offers grants from $2,500 to $50,000 to artists and arts organizations serving Eastern Los Angeles County in the visual and performing arts. Applications will be accepted July 22 through September 15, 2021, 11pm. Applicants approved for an EAI grant, will be notified by email and phone call by October 30, 2021.
Prior to beginning the application process, please read the guidelines closely, and review the entire application to help you better prepare for the required information and documents.
NOTE: This system automatically saves responses through the application submittal portal. However, it is highly recommended that grant applicant maintain a copy of application in the event of any technical difficulties with the process.
There will be no exceptions to the deadline. For questions or technical support related to the grant application, please contact us as far in advance of the deadline as possible at: email@example.com.
GRANTS FOR PROGRAM OR PROJECT:
- Individual Artist: $2,500 to $10,000 (fiscal agent required)
- Arts Organization: $2,500 to $50,000 (may NOT apply with fiscal agent)
To apply for an EAI grant, applicants must meet the requirements listed below:
- All applicants must be an arts organization or artist
- All applicants must reside or serve in the EAI service area communities in Greater Eastern LA County from Westlake/Rampart, Downtown Los Angeles to East Los Angeles, Northeast Los Angeles, Pomona Valley, San Gabriel Valley and the Southeast communities of Bell, Bell Gardens, Cudahy, Huntington Park, Maywood, South Gate, Vernon, Walnut Park unincorporated
- All applicants must provide sample of work related to proposed program or project
- Funds must be used directly for programming or project costs within one year of grant award, or returned to the EAI by November 1, 2022
- Arts Organization must be a 501c3 non-profit organization and is able to provide: IRS determination letter, IRS 990 and annual budget
- Arts Organization must provide proposed program or project budget
- Artist must apply with 501c3 arts non-profit organization as fiscal agent
- Artist must provide letter from fiscal agent signed by organization’s executive director confirming responsibility for applicant’s grant
- Artist must provide fiscal agent’s: IRS determination letter, IRS 990, annual budget, and proposed program or project budget
- Artist must provide proposed programming or project budget
- Artist must have sustained creative work for minimum of past two years
- Artist must submit resume summarizing artistic work history/accomplishments, including the past two years
- Artist must be 18 years of age or older
- Artist/Arts organization may apply to offer after-school and community arts programming in collaborations with schools. However, applications from schools are not accepted.
- Artist/Arts organization may apply to offer arts programming/project in collaborations with municipalities. However, applications from municipalities are not accepted for these grants.
- Public Art Projects must be permanent installations (i.e., murals, sculptures, other).
- IF grant is approved for a Public Art Project, artist/arts organization must provide: Letter of Approval signed by property owner on letterhead confirming approval of project specifications and site location.
- Funding for approved grants, must be used within a year of award. (Grants to be issued by the end of October 2021).
ELIGIBLE VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS DISCIPLINES (commercial printers, advertising/marketing do not qualify)
- Creative Crafts: Contemporary or Cultural/Folk Art
- Literary Arts
- Digital and Media Arts
- Graphic Arts
- Technical Arts
- Visual Arts
- Other Arts Trade: (i.e., recording engineer, production assistance, set design, costume design, make-up artists, etc.)
REQUIRED PROGRAM OR PROJECT EXAMPLE
Artist/Arts Organization must provide visual sample/example of proposed program/project via video, image or rendering as pertains respective proposal.
IF SUBMITTING BY VIDEO:
- Three-minute maximum, not longer (no exceptions)
- Film in 1080p or higher (may use Smart Phone)
- Video must have full rights and clearances for promotion, including all music; and may not be from commissioned or commercial us If video is submitted in foreign language, must include English-language subtitles
- Applicant agrees that the video furnished to LA Plaza EAI may be retained for file, reference and archival purposes, and will be viewed partially or in its entirety during review of the grant application
- If video is selected for other LA Plaza-EAI programming purposes, applicant must sign release agreement See grant application for URL instructions
IF SUBMITTING IMAGE OR DOCUMENT:
- See grant application for upload link and acceptable formats