LA PLAZA Eastside Arts Initiative
“Show Your Creativity”
COVID-19 Relief Grant Fund
In response to the COVID-19 impact on the arts community, La Plaza de Cultura (LA Plaza) y Artes Eastside Arts Initiative (EAI) has created the COVID19 RELIEF GRANT FUND with a total of $50,000 to provide one-time relief grants to artists and arts organizations serving Eastern Los Angeles County.
The theme of this grant is “Show Your Creativity” and offers an opportunity to document and showcase how local artists and arts organizations are keeping their artistic spirit alive during the pandemic, helping to preserve the rich cultural arts ecology from this region during these out-of-ordinary times – when tough decisions are being made to recalibrate operations and re-engineer programming.
Along with the grant application, applicants are invited to submit a video (5-minute max) of their work during the COVID19 pandemic. Selected videos will be featured on “En Casa Con La Plaza”, La Plaza’s virtual programming sessions. Video submission is NOT required to apply for a relief grant.
■ Grants to Artists: $1,000
■ Grants to Arts Organizations: Up to $2,500
- Financial hardship/pressing financial needs related to creative work lost due to COVID19
- Artistic resilience through creative work
- Continued creative practice serving Greater Eastern LA County
- Artists and arts organizations with risk of hardship due to Covid-19
- Artists 18 years of age or older
- Arts organizations with proof of non-profit 501c3 in good standing
- Arts organizations with annual budget of $1M or less
- Artists and arts organizations serving Greater Eastern LA County (also includes Pomona Valley, San Gabriel Valley and Southeast communities of Bell, Bell Gardens, Cudahy, Huntington Park, Maywood, South Gate, Vernon and Walnut Park)
- Artist must be practicing artist, and must include a resume summarizing work history in the arts during the past two years
- Artist may apply directly without fiscal agent
- Artist must provide W9 if approved for grant funding
- Arts organization must provide IRS Determination Letter
- Arts organization must submit operating budget using EAI budget template only
- Start with a narrative / Share your experience / Show your creativity!
- Video should demonstrate how applicant continued to practice creative works and/or arts programming during the COVID19 pandemic – i.e., musical performance, monologue, poetry reading, dance performance, visual arts, photography, multi-media, etc.
- Video may be filmed on a Smart Phone
- Video must be filmed in 1080p or higher
- Video must be under or maximum of five minutes
- Video content must be from any period after March 15, 2020 to the present
- All videos must have full rights and clearances for promotion, including all music
- Entries made in a foreign language must include English subtitles
- Production commissioned for commercial use is not eligible
- Applicant must agree that the video furnished to LA Plaza EAI may be retained for file, reference and archival purposes, and may be viewed partially or in its entirety for judging purposes
- Applicant must sign release agreement with LA Plaza if video is selected for showcasing on “En Casa Con La Plaza” virtual sessions
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, November 30, 2020, 5PM