- “Balay/Bahay: Creating Community” – Center for the Arts Eagle Rock (CFAER): A year-long series of cultural events celebrating Northeast Los Angeles’ large Filipinx community. One evening each month, the interior of CFAER will be transformed into a replica of a night market in Manila featuring visual, performing, and culinary art by local Filipinx artists. Balay/Bahay will provide an opportunity for Northeast LA’s large Filpinx arts community to showcase their work, for the local Filipinx community to come together to celebrate and share its identity and contributions as part of the social fabric of the Northeast. http://cfaer.org/programming/
- Early California Speaks: Performers recreate early California historical figures by blending performance disciplines, including wardrobe typical of 1800’s California promoting historical events in the development of California – this entertaining and informative artistic work is designed to inspire audiences about California history through the arts.
- Mirame! Aqui Estoy! – Tonali Studio: Tonali Studio will initiate the beginnings of a community arts hub in East Los Angeles through multi-generational arts workshops bringing together women ages 18 to 90, from East Los Angeles’ local neighborhoods to explore and tell their stories through creative writing, poetry, visual arts and cultural practices, while simultaneously developing new local artists whose work will also be exhibited at Tonali Studio. http://www.tonallistudio.com/
- Santa Cecilia Orchestra Arts Expansion: Expands highly successful “Teddy Bear” pilot program that introduces young children to instruments of the orchestra; increases number of chamber concerts that focus on minority audiences; and adds full orchestral performance to the season. http://scorchestra.org/
- Southeast Theatre Collaborative – About…Productions: Creates original interdisciplinary theater-works tied with educational programming that provoke new perspectives on history, humanity, and culture. Dedicated to generating new work through collaborations, the organization will help kick-start a theater initiative in Southeast LA beginning with its “Adobe Punk” production, playing a role for furthering the arts in Southeast LA. “Adobe Punk” touches on a unique entry into local history by creatively telling the story of the Lugo family’s arrival in Alta California in 1771, and building two homes there, only one of which still stands and is the oldest house in L.A. County. https://www.aboutpd.org/
- Spoken & Heard-Los Angeles Poet Society Open Mics: Introduces local East Los Angeles poets to audiences at venues in East Los Angeles – providing featured artists access to creative expression at the open mic; and furthering the importance of literacy and the arts. Participants will have the opportunity to listen, showcase their art at the mic, feature their work at all future open-mic events and become published artists. https://www.lapoetsociety.org/
- Teen Tix LA in ELA – Marco Gomez, LA Stage Alliance: Through collaboration with Los Angeles theaters, the “teens for teens” programming goals are to help develop future audiences and arts patrons while building community amongst East Los Angeles youth. The programming activities such as “meet-ups” designed around theater productions, teens will contemplate on the show themes to better theatrical works at a higher caliber. A “day-of, rush tickets” will provide access to theatre productions for the youth. https://lastagealliance.com/
- The Orchestra Plaza de la Raza – Plaza de la Raza: A new company of student performers will be assembled to create the new “Orchestra Plaza de la Raza” through the Community Ambassadors Program of the School of the Performing and Visual Arts at Plaza de la Raza. The program has a stellar history of several ensembles of talented students, through its Mariachi Juvenil, Balet Folklorico Performing Ensemble, Roc En Espanol and Latin Jazz Combo.
The new Orchestra’s classical repertoire will also foster appreciation of the diverse Latino arts and culture scene. http://www.plazadelaraza.org/