Eastside Arts Initiative Grant Guidelines
Deadline January 29, 2020, 5 pm
The Eastside Arts Initiative (EAI) grant-funding program supports arts initiatives that further the arts in Greater Eastern Los Angeles County. While there are no specific creativity design mandates, the focus is on community arts programming and artist development through music, theatre, poetry, cinema and cultural initiatives reaching a diverse, multi-ethnic participant and public audience base. The EAI encourages strategic and sustainable arts initiatives that significantly impact underserved, art-poor communities and artists.
- $2,000 to $10,000 Non-match grant (may apply through fiscal agent)
- $11,000 to $50,000 Match grants (may not apply through fiscal agent)
- Community Arts Programming
- Increase access to free community arts programming
- Establish sustainable arts programming for all ages.
- Support opportunities for start-up incubation organizations and initiatives that increase local arts and cultural programming.
- Development of Artists and their Work
- Nurture the development of local artists, artistic talent and artistic works from all disciplines.
- Increase mentorship and apprenticeship opportunities for established artists to nurture local new and up-and-coming artists.
- Increase access to economic capital opportunities for local artists
- Technical Support (in-kind support only)
- Access to grant writing training
- Access to capacity-building training
- Fund development training
- Arts organizations, artists, arts advocates with proof of non-profit 501c3 in good standing
- Non-match grant applicants may apply through fiscal agent with proof of non-profit 501c in good standing (confirmation letter by board president required)
Who And What Does Not Qualify?
- Applicants without proof of 501C(3) non-profit 501c3 in good standing
- Applicants with annual operating budgets of more than $3 million
- Applicants that do not submit a policy statement of diversity and inclusion
- School-based or governmental organizations (different than use of site for access to free community arts programming)
- General fund operations or office equipment
- Earned income, in-kind donations or general funds from operations do not qualify for matching funds
Applicants are required to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) through the EAI’s LOI online application. Applicants with approved LOI’s will be invited to continue with the grant application process.