Eastside Arts Initiative New Grant Application Cycle
November 19, 2018 through Thursday, January 31, 2019, 5 p.m.GUIDELINES The Eastside Arts Initiative (EAI) grant-funding program supports new and innovative arts initiatives that further the arts in greater eastern Los Angeles county. While there are no specific creativity design mandates, the focus is on community arts programming and artist development through music, theatre, poetry, cinema and cultural initiatives reaching a diverse, multi-ethnic participant and public audience base. The EAI encourages strategic and sustainable arts initiatives that significantly impact underserved, art-poor communities and artists in eastern Los Angeles County. The Southeast is a priority area, but grant funding is not limited to this area. FUNDING LEVELS
- $2,000 to $10,000 Non-match grant (may apply through fiscal agent)
- $11,000 to $50,000 Match grants (may NOT apply through fiscal agent)
- Community Arts Programming
- Improve access to free arts programming.
- Establish sustainable arts programming for all ages.
- Support opportunities for start-up incubation organizations and initiatives that increase local arts and cultural programming.
- Development of Artists and their Work
- Nurture the development of local artists, artistic talent and artistic works from all disciplines.
- Increase mentorship and apprenticeship opportunities for established artists to nurture local new and up-and-coming artists.
- Increase access to economic capital opportunities for local artists who produce work for sale.
- Technical Support and Arts Advocacy
- Increase access to grant writing, capacity-building and fund development training.
- Improve access to funding resources.
- Enhance arts advocacy in eastern Los Angeles County.
- Arts organizations, artists, arts advocates with proof of non-profit 501c3 in good standing
- Applicants may apply through fiscal agent (confirmation letter by board president required)
- Applicants without proof of 501C(3) non-profit 501c3 in good standing
- EAI grantees who have received an EAI grant within the same fiscal year
- Applicants with annual operating budgets of more than $3 million
- Applicants that do not submit a policy statement of diversity and inclusion (this is for applicants invited to final application phase only)
- School-based or governmental organizations (different than use of site for access to free community arts programming)
- General fund operations or office equipment
- Earned income, in-kind donations or general funds from operations do not qualify for matching funds